- 4 ounces uncooked Farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
- ¼ c. lime juice
- ¼ c. fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tb. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Olive or canola oil for grill
- 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 ½ c. grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large purple onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium mango, seeded, peeled, cut in ½ -inch pieces
- 1 medium avocado, seeded, peeled, cut in ½ - inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- Lime wedges
Cook the pasta
Cook and drain the pasta, taking care not to overcook. Hint: Change up the look by substituting Rotini or Fusilli pasta.
Whip up the dressing
In a blender combine the lime juice, cilantro, 2 tbs. of oil, sugar, salt to taste, garlic powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Cover and blend until well mixed (about 30 seconds).
Grill the chicken
Coat the oven rack or grill rack lightly with oil and preheat. Sprinkle the chicken lightly with salt and black pepper, and place it on the rack. If your grill has a lid, close it. Grill until the chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F). This should take about 6 minutes on a covered grill, 12 - 15 minutes on an open grill - turn once at the halfway point. Cut the grilled chicken into bite-size pieces.
Toss and dress
In a large bowl combine the pasta, chicken, tomatoes, onion, mango, avocado, sweet peppers, and jalapeno. Pour the dressing over the pasta mixture and toss gently to coat. Serve with lime wedges.